Tuesday 19 February 2013

I'm soo unfit

Didn't really want to post more than one blog a week but wanted to write about this.

psudo science time, not sure how accurate this is, hopefully someone who knows more about it can correct it  for me

So basically I've started running on a morning. Aiming for 4 times a week on a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. I've got a short route I've been doing before breakfast. 2.3 miles, not far but its a start I guess. But now the problem and looking at ways to solve it. So Saturday, as I've posted before i ran 1.8 miles of the route. following that Sunday I did 2 miles, and I was thinking great, an improvement. This morning, same route, back to 1.8 miles. Grr. Doing cardio you'd expect it to be really working my cardio vascular Systems,  But instead its lactic acid build up in my calves that seems to be the problem. I'm running slow, to the point where when i decided to stop running and walk I was running slower up Blacker road than my usual walking speed. Hills are really hard. So now to my possibly bad science Theory. My lungs and Heart aren't feeling taxed, so I must be taking in enough oxygen for what my body feels it needs. My legs are building a lot of lactic acid though, so my cells are performing anaerobic respiration. This could mean my cells don't have enough mitochondria to produce the energy, or it could mean i need better blood supply to my slow twitch muscle fibers. Or it may be none of the above.

Solving the problem. My plan is to do hill Sprints. I'm going to use a field fairly close to my house which is about 150m long and fairly steep. Running up the hill and walking down. Hopefully this will not only get me better at buffering lactic acid, but faster at running as well.

Feel free to comment either on here or on facebook if you have any better ways of doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment