Saturday 16 February 2013

Guess Who's Back

Erg, Hate been ill

Hey Guys, not posted in a while because I've not been training. Had a really bad week of just feeling blerg, but Thursday i felt kinda better and went climbing again. Did some really fun routes, some involving leaping across a room and many just focusing entirely on upper body strength over actual climbing skill.

BIG NEWS

I actually went running.
I Know Right.
And the best thing is I actually Enjoyed it. Ok so i'm still rubbish and only managed 1.6 Miles, but that's 1/4 of the distance i'm needing to do for Total Warrior. I made sure I included the steepest hill near me so this hopefully makes things better.
Including the slow walk back home after the 1.6 miles I spent 30 mins on the road, so was probably running for about 20 mins so will have been averaging 4.8 mph, wow i can walk at that speed. that's slower than a 12 minute mile.

My feeling after my run, Great, my calves were hurting running up the steep hill which in the end caused me to stop, and part way round i had slight discomfort in what seemed like the right part of my diaphragm. But that soon faded and other than that i had no breathing trouble and my heart didn't seem to be beating very hard

In a few weeks i may even put a battery into my heart rate monitor and really start to see where I stand, but for now i'll stick to enjoying the roads.

Till next time

Matt. x

UPDATE

so i just went back onto google maps and it was 1.8 miles not 1.6
again estimating it took 20 mins that would mean im 5.4 mph and a 11 min mile :) happier now

No comments:

Post a Comment