Thursday 28 February 2013

I Did It

So I finally completed my morning circuit. 2.3 miles took me 20 mins. Much better than I have been doing but still a long way to go. Running this route from 8.30 on a weekday is not really that good an idea though, spent a fair few minutes waiting at traffic lights.

So that's my first obstacle out the way, i have been really struggling with completing the hill around the 1.8 miles mark but persistence paid off and I got all the way up it before having to wait at the traffic lights. Even with the stopping for traffic I still did it at a much faster pace to a few weeks ago, Maybe it helped.

In other related news I am starting to climb 3 times a week and do Yoga following a youtube video twice a week. So if anyone wants to come climbing on a Saturday or Monday morning (about 11 till 2) let me know, would be great if you could join me. I will continue to climb from 2-5 on a Thursday. My post climbing training is still involving weighted pull ups, I'm currently doing 4 reps at 20kg so not even half way to the 10 i want to be doing. but am slowly getting there. I may try reducing the rest time between sets on one of my climbing days.

The plan. Well you can see the plan for Climbing above. The running plan is to do the same circuit i have been doing on a Saturday and Sunday morning and get a longer route for my Tuesday and Thursday runs, one that doesn't involve crossing large roads at rush hour.

My original training plan was for flexibility to be my focus over these last few weeks, and this ends on saturday changing to a core focused training plan. Instead I am going to be doing more Yoga for at least a few weeks, and probably a month. After that we will see where to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment